Splunk is the leader in big data and machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. We are seeking a Technical Security Program Manager to join Splunk’s Security Architecture team. In this role you will provide operational support and work alongside key security team members to develop and execute a strategy to optimize service delivery. The key to your success lies in building positive relationships with business partners, intra-function coordination, understanding requirements, delivering and maintaining programs, metrics development, and guiding long term efforts to completion.
- Lead and deliver longer-term projects while prioritizing against shorter-term and ad-hoc requests.
- Define requirements, roles, responsibilities, and timelines for multi-quarter, multi-team cybersecurity related projects.
- Lead and be the spokesperson and champion of the projects you lead.
- Build, cultivate, and be a phenomenal partner across teams, and Splunkers to drive mutual security priorities across Splunk.
- Help guide the creation of quarterly/yearly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and roadmaps for the team.
- Pursue operational strategies to scale service capabilities offered by the team.
- Define and handle dependencies on external teams to efficiently deliver the services by getting alignment on commitments.
- Financial management of delivery that includes communicating operational budget requirements for department level planning, associated procurement activities, and meeting quarterly/annual budget expectations.
- Supervise, guide, and unblock technical security projects involving internal and external teams.
- Comfortable interacting and delivering on goals set with technical and security focused teams.
- Implement technical security controls in alignment with compliance requirements.
- Support and organization for security tasks around Mergers and Acquisitions (M+A).
- Security risk measuring, tracking, and documentation.
- A motivated planner and strategic thinker
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in IT project management and/or cyber security with a B.A./B.S. or related work experience.
- Agile and Scrum methodology experience; experience with ITIL and ITSM a plus.
- Expertise with tracking tools such as: JIRA, Smartsheets, Lucidchart, ServiceNow, and Splunk.
- Familiarity with information security concepts including architecture, authentication, vulnerability scanning, malware, threat modeling, risk management, data privacy, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with service/process/visuals creation, design, and maintenance.
- Ability to operate efficiently among remote teams centered in the Pacific time zone (US).
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.