Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a hard-working Technical Program Manager to support our Splunk Product Security team. The ideal candidate will have a strong security background, but is equally skilled in driving process improvements and supporting the team as they scale their services to the rest of the organization. We're looking for someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into meaningful work.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with the team to establish and/or improve team processes and services, including automating threat modeling for new product features, growing use case coverage of the Prod Sec Portal, and scaling the current team engagement model for SDLC.
- You'll work with development teams to gather requirements and feedback for Product Security services.
- You'll work with the team to develop and socialize key service metrics and Splunk-powered dashboards to help stakeholders make informed decisions.
- You'll also support efforts to expand product scope of PenTest coverage, as well as refine the operating model for vendor-performed PenTests.
- You'll track and report on progress of the team's multitude of initiatives; you'll also coordinate with peers on related or dependent work streams.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- You have 5+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles
- You have experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- You've worked in areas related to Product Security for SaaS products
- You're great at juggling multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Communication, detail management, and Agile practices are your forte. You can communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively.
- You have an understanding of tools such as Gitlab, Codeship, Slack, Docker, and Artifactory. Experience with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence, are great.
- You have a basic knowledge of key technologies like Kubernetes and AWS. This knowledge doesn’t need to be hands-on, but at a level of understanding required to understand development tasks and identify and resolve issues in projects as they arise.
Education? I've got that.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP, or equivalent experience.
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splunk offers employees a generous benefit package including equity, insurance, and paid parental leave for birth, adoption, and foster parents.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).