Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
The Technical Product Owner for ERP (SAP) Data and Analytics is responsible for establishing the strategic roadmap for custom data warehouse driven ERP reporting/analytic products. You will build relationships with various stakeholders & end users, understanding existing reporting/analytic capabilities & needs, and prioritizing those needs to deliver financial and operational benefits such as improved service levels, increased operational efficiency, or improved cash flow, through new or improved analytic products.
- Interact with customers/stakeholders to gather feedback on existing ERP product, FP&A processes, identify requirements for enhancements, support & trouble-shoot existing solutions, and provide training.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and influencing skills, placing high emphasis on understanding strategic needs.
- Translate unstructured or ambiguous functional requirements into actionable development priorities, features, user stories and tasks in collaboration with the technical architects and data engineers.
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence implementations.
- Facilitate dialogue between users, the Finance team, data engineering and other business teams.
- Collaborate with Analytics team and business stakeholders to establish the short-term roadmap for MVPs and bi-weekly releases.
- Deep domain expertise in FP&A business processes.
- Own and manage the requirements backlog; continuously order and prioritize, in accordance with understanding and validation of customer problems and needs, to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready.
- Develop increasing understanding of ERP technology stack and its data interface with custom data warehouse.
- Apply technical knowledge of application (ERP) tables/data and/or BI visualization/analysis to business problems to improve customers/stakeholders ability to drive actions to achieve expected business results
- Document functional requirements, user guides, and training materials.
- 10+ years of data product management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics (or other relevant technical field) from accredited institution.
- 5+ years of SAP or similar ERP data and analytics product management experience (FP&A preferred)
- Excellent data acquisition and curation skills (ability to write SQL, data warehousing, Excel)
- Business user understanding of ERP and BI tools including BW, HANA, Business Objects or similar
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver; ability to synthesize complex data into simple and compelling arguments for change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to learn and define requirements for complex systems and business processes.
- Experience with authoring Tableau dashboard
- Proven track record of navigating complex organizational structures to meet business needs
- Experience with Agile methodology
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?