At Splunk, we know that effective education is key to our continued success. Are you experienced in developing curriculum on deep technical topics with knowledge of the performance monitoring space?
We are looking for a Technical Curriculum Developer who understands highly technical subjects and can craft instructional materials and labs that are concise, accurate and outcome-based. You will build courseware for our Observability Cloud product.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility, creativity, passion and a sense of humor are highly valued here.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Collaboratively designs and develops outstanding technical course content and lab exercises for instructor presentation or self-paced consumption
- Researches topics independently using all available resources; uses subject matter expert time efficiently; interacts with cross-functional groups; cultivates and maintains relationships with colleagues across organizations
- Scopes projects and estimates time required accurately; consistently meets deadlines and communicates promptly when obstacles arise
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet these objectives
- Collaboratively develops hands-on labs; creates and maintains lab guides and setup files
- Learns quickly, collaborates efficiently, shares knowledge, and is happy to cover new and temporary projects when needed.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing commercial technical courseware and building lab environments
- Experience crafting courses for Software as a Service (SaaS) products and familiar with performance monitoring tools
- Experience with distributed software systems, microservices applications/ deployments, Cloud technologies, Linux OS, Linux command line; AWS EC2 or similar cloud computing platform
- Programming experience in Python, Java; Node.js, GO, .NET a plus
- Outstanding problem solver, negotiator, innovator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Proven communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with continuously evolving requirements
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for handling and solving tactical issues
Education: Got it!
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.