At Splunk we know that effective education is key to our continued success. We are looking for an extraordinary individual with curriculum development experience for a highly technical audience.
The Technical Curriculum Developer also will understand highly advanced technical subjects and can develop materials and labs that are concise, accurate and task-based.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility and a sense of humor are also highly valued here.
- Designs and develops technical course content and lab exercises
- Consults with SMEs to identify objectives and captures information used in the development of courses
- Uses SME time efficiently
- Engage with team members across the organization, including product managers, software engineers, technical writers and instructors
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet the objectives
- Develops hands-on labs and grading applications, and builds / maintains lab server environments
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Exceptional problem solver, negotiator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Solid technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing technical courseware and lab environments
- 3+ years of experience with Linux OS and Linux command line
- 2+ years of experience with AWS EC2
- 2+ years of experience with distributed software systems environments / deployments
- 5+ years of experience applying instructional design techniques and adult learning theory
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Possess effective problem solving skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve
- Strong analytical skills, ability to craft viable solutions, innovation, and ability to execute precisely
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.