Join us on the Splunk TechOps Team, empowering our customers to execute our vision making machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! The Splunk TechOps organization runs Splunk cloud, blending SRE, Systems Engineering and Service Engineering disciplines, across functional global teams. Come join a team that is striving for operational awesomeness and trying to automate the world. We have a large presence with large cloud vendors. You should have experience with architecture, deployments, and networking in one or more of the major industry vendors. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of Splunk Cloud.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a TechOps Engineer to help maintain, contribute to and improve the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with providers and supporting the infrastructure that powers Splunk’s cloud offering.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have operational experience at scale. You have had hands-on roles that deal with operating systems (particularly Linux) and networking. You might also have worked with Cloud technologies. Your previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer or devops engineer.
- You're passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You are interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once.
- You have some development skills. We have code in several languages, ranging from Python and Shell to Go and C++. We don’t expect you to be a software engineer but you should be familiar with basic programming and understand concepts like input sanitisation and unit testing.
- "How can I automate this process?" is a question you constantly ask yourself.
- Data drives your decisions. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- You care about monitoring. Shipping code often and getting useful feedback excites you and you’re not worried about changing direction when a solution isn’t working as expected.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work in an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core part of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Work doesn't have to always be about working. We organize frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help you get to know other members of the team in a more relaxed environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $125,600.00 - 172,700.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $112,000.00 - 154,000.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $104,000.00 - 143,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.