Performance System Test Engineer
Splunk is looking for highly motivated mid-career talent to join our performance and system testing engineering team. You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills, which combine hardware, software and cloud technologies, that separate our teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate across multi-functional teams. Our goal is both to support your growth and development, empowering you for a successful career.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define, develop, and execute performance / scalability / system test (large scale) cases on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- Identify performance bottlenecks using profiling tools, in order to propose and implement code optimizations
- Implement and improve tools that help us automate testing and reporting
- Lead test plan creation for moderate complexity feature or sub-systems. Review with developer and PM to vet test design
- Produce accurate and comprehensive test result with proper usage of performance KPI for different test types
- Triage moderate complexity issues in performance tools and test and automation failures
- Participate in test review and code review, provide constructive feedback
- Break down a complex task and estimates sprint sized software deliverables
- Designs for testability. Automates effective test cases, and can make necessary test framework improvements as required
- Consider subsystem reusability, modularity, and scaling as part of design
- Participate in design discussions, proposes and discusses solutions to system and product changes that are directly related to their area of focus
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Strong scripting ability in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PowerShell and/or Bash
- Strong coding ability in programming languages such as C, C++ and/or Java
- Demonstrate test experience in the following areas on a distributed system:
- Exposure to, or experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Knowledge on Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark is a plus
- Experience in SaaS (AWS, GPC, Azure, etc), Micro-services, CloudNative software companies and projects is a must
- Skilled in both the art and science of performance test creation
- Passionate to make software run faster
- Love to work big data of any kind
- Love to measure, compare and ask why
- Willingness to find root cause of performance bottlenecks
- Splunk Admin Certificate (is a plus)
- BS EE or CS degree; 5 + years related experience (or Masters and 4 + years related experience or PhD without experience)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make world's machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.