Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the software engineer, you will be motivated and passionate about fixing & diagnosing problems in large bodies of complex code, delivering fixes to customers with a rapid turnaround time and with high quality. We continually improve the product based on requirements and defects reported by Support, Customer Success and Field organisations.
- You will investigate and implement fixes to resolve product defects in the server components in an efficient and responsive manner
- You will implement minor improvements requested by customers from collecting requirements through to delivery
- You will be responsible to technically drive raised issues along with Critical Situation Managers
- You will dive into the intricacies of data acquisition, transformation, transfer, persistence and retrieval logic and rapidly deliver solutions
- You will engage in design and code reviews of the product, and leverage your knowledge of customers’ experiences to dedicatedly prevent future problems
- You will provide mentorship on how to make code maintainable and the product diagnosable and serviceable
- You will design and implement tools to help support engineers diagnose problems thereby reducing time to resolution
- Extensive experience in developing and troubleshooting multi-threaded server applications written in C/C++ on Linux and Windows platforms
- You have strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills including the use of associated tools
- You have experience working on highly scalable systems involving network communications and associated protocols e.g. REST, TCP/IP, HTTP
- You have knowledge of distributed systems and applications and network administration experience will be a plus
- You have experience of maintaining enterprise software; sustaining experience would be helpful
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.