Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Survey Analyst to define and produce key Talent, HR and workforce analyses from surveys and structured data. A background in survey analysis and the technical capability to configure related software is required. This is a dynamic role for providing critical business information to HR and the overall business to help to ensure that the company is meeting its people objectives.
You will work multi-functionally with several organizations at Splunk with the main aspiration of enabling leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions. As a storyteller for the survey based voices, you will shepherd a deeper understanding of people programs and bring to bear data to spur leadership on challenges and opportunities. You will be highly data driven, technically astute, a creative communicator, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping energy on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision.
Reporting and Analytics
- Execute employee centric survey programs, support survey development, administration, analysis, and executive presentations.
- Develop a strategy and roadmap to significantly improve our insights capabilities, considering the appropriate data architecture, tools and technologies to deliver against the plan.
- Provide people narratives to the Splunk HR and corporate leadership teams including recurring dashboards, reporting and analysis related to people programs to help drive business decisions and identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Partner across the People Team and throughout the company to identify survey and report anomalies and research to identify cause and correction
- Own key functional projects including planning, building and ongoing maintenance
- Identify and cultivate key workforce engagement and health drivers
- Outstanding reporting skills to establish measurement in various parts of the business
- Excellent communication, specifically in working with end users to define their reporting & analytics needs
- Build out a knowledge base by inventorying data sources, methodologies and approaches
- 5+ years of experience in a qualitative or analytics role
- 2+ years’ experience in People / HR Analytics / Surveys with a focus on data analysis, data visualization, and data modeling of human resources and survey data
- Use data to inform decision-making and persuade others.
- Work optimally in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to build these capabilities, which requires comfort with toggling between managing basic reporting needs while also building a foundation which allows Splunk HR to automate and deliver self-service tools and dashboards to allow for more sophisticated analyses
- Experience with survey design for employee engagement and related initiatives a plus
- Experience with data analytics using SQL, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools such as Visier or Tableau
- Familiarity with deploying and supporting BI production environments
- Specific experience with the Workday reporting and Prism analytics tools a plus
- Expertise in quantitative analysis (regression, correlation, scenario analysis, forecasting, and experimentation (A/B) testing)
- Always passionate about doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm
- Willing to seek the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Must possess eye for business, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience (Preferred: degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Organization Psychology, Engineering).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.