In this role the individual will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Product Team Leads (Dev, PMO, Doc, QA) on new Product’s readiness:
- Coordinating Product trainings between Technical Enablement of Splunk Support Subject Matter Experts (SME) Specialists Leads and Splunk Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) to be Experts of core or specific App/Add-on Products
- Communicate the passing of any Changes, Enhancements, Bug Fixes, Support Life Cycle, and Training of Core product, Apps/Add-ons to Global SME Team.
- Identifying and placement of Splunk TSEs into a SME Role by required skillsets is met to support Core features and Splunk Supported App/Add-on
- Ensuring new Product meets Support New Product Introduction (NPI) checklist in preparation for product release
- Working collaboratively cross-functional team Leads (Sales Engineer, Professional Services, Education, Documentation, and Product )
- Work closely with Product Leads in all areas and be able to budget for the next 12 months equipment, devices and training required to prepare support engineers
- Update support documentation and observe reports in preparation for team’s enablement:
- Coordinate with SME Specialist leads to maintain and update support runbook, knowledgebase, and training materials are all current and relevant
- Review monthly support ticket influx reports and prepare Global Support Team with product refresh training by coordinating with product developer leads and senior SMEs to develop Transfer of Information (TOI) training and deliver to all major Global Support Center
- Observe for any product trending issues and work closely with product lead team to improve product supportability.
- Building strong inter-functional lead team relationships in order to recruit, build, maintain, and grow the Splunk SME Staffing and facilitating communication.
Skill Sets Required:
- A minimum of 5 years in Support Roles (As a Support Engineer — Technical Support of Product or Service) with at least 2 years as Senior/Principal/Lead Engineer
- Minimum of 2 years of Troubleshooting Splunk
- Obtained the title of SME Specialist Lead for at least 1 Splunk Core or App/Add-on OR has been a SME Specialist for at least 1 Splunk Core or App/Add-ons for over a year (Recommended to have multiple in specific field: i.e. Security Markets, IoT, Search)
- Have a good understanding of the Development Life Cycle of a Product
- You have good communication skills (Email, Phone, Chat, Interpersonal, Presentations)
- You have the ability to take responsibility (Self-Starter)
- You have the ability to work with Cross-Functional Team Leads and across different Geo-locations
- You have the ability to adapt to changes (it’s going to be an everyday thing)
- You are very well organized, multi-task and re-prioritize work
- Ability to develop training curriculum, maintain, and conduct training classes. Have technical instructor or curriculum developing experience would be a plus
- Must be able to mentor others
For this position there will be a need to travel at least Once every Quarter for In-Person Meetings and Team Building Exercises. There will also be a need for this individual to be able to travel to various Splunk Global Support Offices for Training and inter-team relationship building (getting to know Support Engineers and able to identify and groom Support Engineers for advancement as an SME or as a TSE).
The candidate that is considered for this position should be interviewed by the SME Lead Team to ensure that this individual is going to “Fit” with the Team. The candidate for this position will also need to be able to live the Splunk Values as this Team will require being Passionate, Innovative, Disruptive, being Open and just ready to have Fun.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.