Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Support Project Manager (Tools & Technology)
The Support Project Manager will work cross-functionally within the Splunk organization to help manage our entire portfolio of tools and platform related projects in Support. This individual will lead projects, but will also be a strategic voice representing the Support Organization in cross functional projects. This role is part of a team of Project Delivery experts who are responsible for leading the discovery, technical requirements gathering and documenting all key areas of a successful MVP. Partnering with Support Operations Business Analysts and Splunk IT Teams, our Support Project Managers (PM) help drive successful program and project implementations by helping IT do identify the right tools and processes for success.
- Understand the company’s support business and operating model and company objectives and how they translate into efficient and standardized business processes
- Collaborate with , Support Operations BAs, Technical Support Managers, and others to understand, document and deliver BRDs that are actionable by Splunk IT Teams.
- Anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and suggest areas of improvement
- Use expertise in industry standard methodologies, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish efficiencies in project workflows
- Provide insight and guidance on areas of expertise when gathering project requirements on “to be" process and work with subject matter authorities to obtain agreement
- Drive schedules, meetings and deliverables to meet timelines as required
- Successfully manage more than one project
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Leads the overall drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, and training materials for various transformation initiatives
- Collaborates with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system
- Assist with enterprise-wide program implantation including coordination of tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Experience with Salesforce required.
- Preference for experience with other Support or Customer Success related products/ platforms such as Atlassian (Confluence, JIRA), Scheduling tools, Knowledge Platform technologies, etc.
- 3+ years of Business Process Improvement and/ or Project management experience
- Strong background in establishing current state Customer Support (Technical Support) process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Validated experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiar with/ able to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns
- Broad expertise in one or more of the following areas (Go to Market (GTM), Technical Support, Customer Service, Customer Success, Renewals Process & Operations)
- Ability to work across cross-functional groups and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or meaningful relevant on the job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.