Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager to join the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement team. The Strategic Sourcing & Category Manager will have responsibility for managing sourcing projects in the contingent workforce & professional services category supporting global stakeholders (Splunk is in 30+ markets), making recommendations for vendor selection and process re-engineering to improve efficiency and effectiveness. You will be responsible for developing strong business partnerships to collaborate on strategy across the business unit while driving category, supplier and sourcing strategies, to maximize value including optimizing leverage and reducing cost. You will provide management of the overall supplier relationship including negotiating pricing and contract terms as well as supplier performance and compliance. You will act as a trusted business partner, consulting with management and other subject matter experts to develop category strategies, alternative solutions when necessary, advising on risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts.
You will be expected to build a cohesive team with internal business partners working with cross-functional groups to support negotiations, risk mitigation and supplier management. You will collaborate with senior level representatives from the business and should be able to advise on viable and efficient sourcing and procurement processes.
• Build effective, strategic relationships with the business, vendors, and cross-functional teams
• Liaise between the business, vendors, and respective security and legal teams to complete all requirements
• Actively develop sourcing strategies in support of business initiatives
• Help identify areas of risk for the business (i.e., delivery of service, quality, performance, timeline, warranty, governance); make recommendations where applicable
• Provide supplier management and cost reduction solutions
• Maintain vendor relationships including development of performance measures and supplier scorecards.
• Drive Supplier Review Meetings with key suppliers and provide input on performance and future needs/strategic planning.
• Measure vendor performance against contract Service Level Agreements and expectations. Initiate corrective actions in the event of missed expectations.
• Use experience and industry expertise to find opportunities to optimize cost, improve service and other efficiency opportunities
• Ability to summarize complex business issues and evaluate opportunities for improved functionality, cost savings and SLAs
• Ability to work in an energizing environment, leading strategic and tactical projects, prioritizing to effectively meet the needs of the business.
• Experience in financial analysis to ensure that negotiated agreements provide the best possible returns for the company.
• Experience prioritizing and leading multiple projects at the same time, negotiating successfully while maintaining the relationship, and working effectively with people at all skill and organizational levels, internally and externally.
• Experience with developing and evaluating Statements of Work, risk analysis, contracts and market research
• Strong analytical, problem solving and risk assessment skills
• Comprehensive understanding of contractual terms and the ability to write and negotiate contracts
• Understanding of risk mitigation including GDPR, Privacy and Security compliance requirements
• Highly effective interpersonal skills necessary to address executive level internal and external partners
• Experience planning and leading negotiations
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written skills
• Knowledge on emerging trends in assigned categories
• Bachelors Degree
• 5+ years of Procurement or Category Management experience including strategic sourcing, negotiation, and contracting of services
• Experience working in Ariba preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.