We seek an exceptional business technologist to join our team as a Strategic Advisor - Technology & Innovation reporting to the Chief Technical Advisor, EMEA. This is a high impact position that will be working in an organisation of business technologists, technical architects and specialist technologists who support strategic sales opportunities and the adoption of Splunk by crucial system integrators and service providers.
This role will closely follow industry trends and trajectory to shape long term messaging and regularly evangelise Splunk as one of our global thought-leading technical experts with customers, at industry conferences, and partners. This person will be a crucial Field resource to the products and GTM teams to deliver our vision to both customers, partners and sales teams. Key to the success of the role will be the ability to bridge the divide between vertical market group sales plays to drive wider platform adoption.
In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing organisations giving the ability to advise our strategic clients and partners. This individual will play a key role in driving a significant share of the revenue for Splunk. Qualified candidates will demonstrate the capability to excel in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate deep knowledge of Splunk, lead by example, translate corporate and sales vision into results, become a change agent, and emphasise a customer service attitude.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Use your extensive experience of running large teams and organisational change to agile culture to assist our customers with their business transformation.
- Use agile business coaching methodologies and design thinking to help customers through the mechanism of change.
- With your data and technology strategy background, formulate new market strategies in conjunction with Splunk vertical and value advisors.
- Engage and influence a varied audience—from C-level to internal Product and Engineering teams to build meaningful relationships to drive customer success and business outcomes.
- Drive customer success and help expand deployments and use cases
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- In conjunction with global affairs, other strategic advisory teams, you will deliver impactful thought leadership in places such as the World Economic Forum, industry trade associations and many others
- Motivate and lead virtual teams strategically and tactically to meet leadership objectives;
- Jointly own customer success, leveraging best practice and focus on ensuring our customers are delighted. Work cross-functionally with counterparts in Professional Services, Customer Support, and Education to help ensure customer success;
- Work cross-functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organisations to ensure alignment, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations
- Provide regular communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Work cross-functionally to develop global programs and enablement supporting the broader Customer Success community.