Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is going through a period of exciting growth across APAC, and we are continuing to enjoy considerable growth across our teams. We are looking to hire an experienced Strategic Account Manager to form a part of our successful sales team in Canberra to look after and expand our Defence and Intelligence relationships. Joining us at a truly exciting time you'll make an important impact on our growth journey in the Federal Public Sector.
We are seeking a driven, customer centric and sales focused individual. You'll possess a measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering exceptional sales results, having worked in a fast-growing tech environment.
If you're ready for your next challenge, would like to join a company where you can truly flourish and are motivated to join our Splunk family please continue reading.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Working with a named list of Federal Defence and Intelligence agencies, where you will be responsible for both new business acquisition and developing existing business, continuously looking out for expansion opportunities.
- As a successful Account Manager you will consistently deliver on forward-thinking license, support and service revenue quotas, on a quarterly and yearly basis. You will be committed to consistently reach the numbers, and over achieve the number given.
Cloud, Cloud and even more Cloud, you will be a strong partner with the customer as they embark on their Digital journey
As part of your daily role, you will be working closely with our Partner team, working in continuous harmony with our partners and distributor.
- Collaborating with different Splunkers to reach maximum account penetration, you will strategically work on account planning and opportunity management.
- Working closely with your Manager and our APAC sales operations you will effectively and accurately report on pipeline and forecasts, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Negotiating pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value, and being able to engage with our different Splunk business areas.
- Leveraging and collaborating with our sales engineering and professional services teams, in-house as well as our partner services resources, to best position Splunk's offering in the market.
- Using our sleek sales methodology and processes effectively, which will support you from prospect to closure, leading you to your success and over achievement.
- Being a strong ambassador of our Splunk brand, through your internal and external interactions.
Skills and Experience:
- Considerable Enterprise Software selling experience, in a B2B environment, within the Defence and Intelligence market
- Extensive relationships within Defence and Intelligence agencies.
- A strong background of running and developing a 2-5 account load, in the public sector.
Confident in building relationships and selling at the C Suite level.
Sound understanding of the importance of forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy.
Outstanding time management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
We are moving at a fast pace, hence it is important that you thrive in a fast-paced, hyper growth and constantly evolving environment.
Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate functions, as well as working as part of a team.
Meaningful software experience from one of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
Experience and understanding of efficiently navigating CRM systems (SalesForce) extensively
You will have a proven track record of sales success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the Australia territory..