Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: Successful candidates will have a measurable track record in building, managing, and delivering high sales results. You will be key to driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk. This will be an individual contributor role.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Consistently deliver results-oriented license, support and service revenue targets dedication to the number and to dead lines.
- Named Account penetration, account planning and opportunity management
- Negotiate favourable pricing and business terms with large commercial enterprises by selling value and return on investment
- Work with partners for maximum efficiency
- Demonstrate sales engineering and in-house as well as partner services resources
- Use our sales methodology and processes optimally
- Understand how to build both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Qualifying and building businesses cases for enable customers to purchase Splunk products
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Direct and channel Enterprise Software selling experience to large enterprises is a must.
- Ability to grow and scale upward with the company; first line management experience a plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of closing six and seven figure software licensing deals
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Outstanding management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Working in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
- Enterprise Field selling experience
- Experience of selling both On-Premise and Cloud solutions
- Value selling sales methodologies
- Education: Got it! Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.