Are you highly analytical and do you love designing and developing solutions for problems related to Enterprise integrations using APIs? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk IT’s Application Integration team! The Apps Integration team is focused on building the next generation enterprise API platform that makes business data and capabilities accessible as APIs to power innovation and higher-value creation to both internal and external stakeholders.
You have a proven track record of success in multiple Enterprise integration implementations using an API platform, have deep understanding of microservices, API management and integration patterns. He/she will be highly data driven, intellectually curious, creative, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with minimal supervision.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will play a key role within the integrations core team at Splunk, you will:
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to develop and expand our strong set of API led capabilities to super-charge our business.
- Work cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, using keen business process understanding and critical thinking to design, develop, test and document APIs using Mulesoft platform
- Be responsible for the upkeep of integration standards & toolset by performing code reviews, design reviews, source control management, and writing unit tests and performance tests
- Participate in various Scrum ceremonies as a member of the agile team
- Be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers derived on a set of strong engineering principles
- Support and manage existing APIs built leveraging the Mulesoft platform
- Use and build Splunk reports and dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting for the APIs
- Contribute to the core integrations platform team by sharing knowledge, mentoring others, and keeping up with the new trends and best practices as they evolve in the industry
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an IT or engineering role developing and supporting integration web services
- Experience in designing & developing REST based web services using Mulesoft Anypoint platform, Oracle SOA, TIBCO and similar tools
- Experience with SOAP & REST style web services, XML, XSLT, JAVA, web services, scripting tools like Python, Groovy
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architectures, micro-services framework & lifecycle, scalable enterprise design
- Solid software engineering principles and concepts
- Experience with API management, security, OAuth and OpenID technologies
- Experience with test frameworks like Junit, Munit, TestNG and automated testing
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Highly motivated and self-starter who is quick and open to adapt to new technologies
- Previous experience with AWS
- Previous experience with Splunk
- Prior integration experience with Cloud SaaS platforms like Salesforce, Netsuite ERP, Workday and/or Eloqua
- BA/BS in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.