Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Cloud organization at Splunk focuses on building and maintaining robust and resilient platform solutions for SaaS hosting of Splunk’s enterprise software. Our main technologies are Cloud Infrastructure based, focusing on puppet and terraform.
It is the responsibility of the TechOps team to monitor and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of Splunk for our cloud customers 24/7. As the authority on our customer’s experience. The TechOps team provides a backstop for all staff on any questions or issues that arise during their shift related to their technical area of expertise. The TechOps engineers lead their respective queue and ensure all requests coming into that queue are addressed in a timely manner.
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting Splunk environments..
- Experience in administering or architecting distributed Splunk environments.
- Experience with the development and deployment of a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Python, Golang or Shell for scripting, and Git or similar version control systems.
- Experience supporting customer facing SaaS infrastructure or similar cloud related services.
- Have an understanding of Systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, network architecture, VLANs, etc)
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Have knowledge of the Linux Operating System
4 x 10 shifts: Sunday - Wednesday or Wednesday - Saturday / Nights, weekends and swing-shift.
We are looking for a TechOps Engineer to help maintain, contribute to, and improve the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with providers and supporting the infrastructure that powers Splunk’s cloud offering.
- Provide technical support for the Splunk Cloud fleet
- Perform impact assessments and problem solving according to established procedures
- Document issues, remediation steps, and help with follow up problem management
- Lead support cases and also ensures queue management
- Lead hierarchical and functional requests. Communicate with TechOps engineers as well as business partners around Cloud through email, chat, and in person.
- Assist other TechOps engineers on your shift on complex tasks
- Represent the TechOps team in meetings/process changes and make recommendations on new procedures/ processes
- Use the internal tools to restore normal service operations as quickly as possible to minimize the impact to business operations during escalated incidents
- Lead by example and drive the core values of the company
- Always ensure a quality customer experience
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You're interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once
- “Can this process be automated?” is a question you constantly ask yourself
- Data drives your decisions and excites you - you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and swing shifts.
- This is a FULLY REMOTE, US-based position. We encourage applicants anywhere in the US! You must be a US Citizen working on US soil to be considered. Candidates must be able to support FedRAMP High.
What We Provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with cross-collaborative teams, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of awesome, capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested in working in an area that dynamically scales to meet the needs. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We're not expecting people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too and welcome work-from-home days. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun! Work doesn’t have to always be about working. We organize frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help you get to know other members in a more relaxed environment.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $107,200.00 - 147,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $96,000.00 - 132,000.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $80,000.00 - 110,000.00 per year