Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is investing in Workforce Reporting & Analytics and is seeking a Sr. Workforce Analyst to define and produce key HR metrics and workforce analyses. A solid background in business intelligence and the technical capability to configure software is required. This is a dynamic role where you will be providing critical business information to the VP, Shared Services, HR Leadership Team, CHRO and Splunk Executive Staff to help to ensure that the company is meeting its people objectives. This role is unique as this will be a first hire to focus exclusively on reporting and analytics, expanding the use cases using our analytics technology (WorkDay Prism) and with an intention to drive demonstrable improvement in the workforce insights delivered to our leaders.
You will work cross-functionally with several organizations at Splunk (including HR, Finance, and IT), with the primary objective of enabling leadership to make effective, data driven, and strategic operating decisions. You will be highly data driven, technically astute, a solid communicator, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high impact projects with limited direction and supervision. This is a full-time position based in either our San Francisco or San Jose office.
Reporting and Analytics
- Provide reporting and analysis to the Splunk HR leadership team and other stakeholders including monthly dashboards, compliance reporting, analysis related to talent acquisition, attrition, diversity, and HR operational metrics to help drive business decisions and identify areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop and deliver key reporting and analytical support for the HR organization and people managers, particularly focused on creating robust self-service reporting capability and manager dashboards in WorkDay
- You will partner with Talent Acquisition, HRIS, HR Business Partners, Finance and others to identify report anomalies and research multiple data sources to identify cause and correction
- Own key functional projects including planning, building and ongoing maintenance
- You will keep track of key workforce performance drivers
- Provide training on self-service capability for HR and Managers when needed
- Extraordinary reporting skills to establish trends in various parts of the business
- You have excellent communication skills, specifically in working with end users to define their reporting & analytics needs
- Partner with the Enterprise Data Management and SplunkonSplunk teams to build out the workforce analytics strategy, define the architecture, and identify ways in which HR will leverage Splunk
- Build out a knowledge base by documenting data sources, methodologies and approaches
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative or analytics role
- Gather and use data to inform decision-making and persuade others. Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to build this capability, which requires comfort with toggling between managing basic reporting needs while also building a foundation which allows Splunk HR to automate and deliver self-service tools and dashboards to allow for more sophisticated analyses
- Experience with data analytics using SQL, Business Intelligence and Visualization tools such as Visier or Tableau
- Familiarity with deploying and supporting BI production environments
- Specific experience with the Workday reporting and Prism analytics tools a plus
- Expertise in statistical analysis (regression, correlation, scenario analysis, forecasting, and experimentation (A/B) testing
- Always focused on doing what’s right for the business. High energy and contagious enthusiasm
- Willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow the business. Governs themselves with unquestionable ethics
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience (Preferred: degree with quantitative focus (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Organization Psychology, Engineering).
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.