Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
As a Sr. Technical Marketing Manager (TMM) for Splunk’s IT portfolio you will help drive the technical sales strategy. In this role, you will reinforce the technical value proposition of Splunk’s IT products and solutions, build supporting outcome-based demos and tools, and present the products to prospects and customers as well as at key industry events. You will also be responsible for developing demonstration use cases that deliver a value-based dialogue and showcase the product for appropriate use cases and audiences. The role involves ownership and project management of technical selling initiatives, such as those above, working closely with other members of product marketing, sales engineering, product management, and product engineering.
The position is remote, and is a great opportunity at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company. Strong experience in technical marketing or sales engineering within enterprise software is critical.
- Product demonstrations: You will design, deliver, and train the field on value-based demonstration of our products. You will also create and maintain the official demo and video library of Splunk’s IT product portfolio. Duties also include developing demo scripts and data sets, handling demo infrastructure logistics, maintaining and updating demos, and providing technical support for demo-related matters.
- Product evangelism: You will evangelize and demonstrate Splunk products to analysts, prospects, and customers—in meetings, webinars, seminars, at conferences and tradeshows, and anywhere else required.
- Industry events: You will develop the demo and showcase strategy of Splunk’s products at industry events. You will also attend tradeshows and other events to represent Splunk and demonstrate our technology, and also plan the product showcase and technical strategy of product-related events.
- Product launches: You will participate in product launches to build technical product content (demos and videos), and where necessary, develop messaging, pitch Splunk’s technology to analysts and press, develop product collateral and sales tools, and support the launch plan.
- Sales tools: You will build technical product presentations, whitepapers, product guides, product videos, technical briefs, and other tools to enable sales teams to sell the Splunk for IT story effectively.
- Product positioning: You will connect IT market and technology trends with Splunk’s technology to build technical product positioning and messages for key use cases.
- Partnerships: You will support partnership-related TMM activities.
- 6+ years of experience in technical product marketing, product management, or sales engineering in enterprise software.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience installing, using and configuring a combination of Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, Splunk IT Service Intelligence, SignalFx Infrastructure Monitoring, SignalFx Microservices APM and/or VictorOps, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of IT industry and/or practitioner (SRE, developer, software engineering, platform engineering, CloudOps) experience—preferably with hands-on experience using IT technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Experience with various IT service monitoring tools like ServiceNow, BMC Helix, and IBM Tivoli
- Hands-on experience working with modern programming languages including: Python, SPL, SQL, Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Go, etc.
- Strong preference for applicants with hands-on experience handling and supporting cloud infrastructure, containers/Kubernetes, serverless functions, microservices and distributed tracing, SaaS solutions and multi-tenant architectures.
- A knack for using new software tools—from video screen-capture and editing, to collaboration software, and more.
- Strong ability to identify and tackle technical tasks related to infrastructure, networking, and other areas, to improve software demo performance.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technology, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Ability to effectively articulate and showcase technology with flair, and to different types of audiences.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative software company.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience,
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.