Splunk makes it possible to use any kind of data for real-world action at machine speed. When you bring data to Everything, anything is possible. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Come join us on this journey!
Location: Anywhere in the USA. Are you…
- Looking for a new challenge with a “disruptive” company?
- The type who gets happiness in making people successful in solving problems with technology?
- Wanting to apply your talent to rapidly learn and then explain complex technical subjects?
We are seeking an experienced technical instructor who can flourish working in a fun and collaborative environment. As a successful technical instructor, your primary responsibility will be to deliver SignalFX and Splunk training onsite and virtually, to customers, partners and employees.
- Become an expert in Splunk and SignalFx
- Become proficient in teaching courses on the SignalFx User Interface as well as the SignalFx API
- Learn, ramp up and deliver instructor led virtual and classroom training for customers, partners, and employees in the US and internationally.
- Collaborate with the instructional design team in developing and reviewing new course materials and lab environments.
- Work with various teams to stay current with rapidly evolving enhancements
- Test course content and activities to ensure they are current
- Troubleshoot and resolve lab issues
- Manage courses within company’s LMS
- Work with various teams and SMEs to create/update content and activities for instructor-led and virtual instructor-led courses including activity guides, course slides and instructor guides
- Evaluate learner performance
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a technical training instructor for a software company
- Experience using virtual instructor-led training tools such as WebEx, or Zoom
- Experience delivering training to various audiences (end user, power users, developers, DevOps/SRE/Observability teams)
- Demonstrated talent to quickly learn and develop expertise with SignalFX and the Splunk product stack.
- Basic comfort level working with command line tools
- Proven expertise with MS Office products including MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form.
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus
- Able to teach at different hours of the day for our customers in various geographical locations.
- Able to travel globally, 25% to 50%.
Good To Have
- Experience with SignalFX and/or Splunk
- Familiarity with monitoring tools used by DevOps and SREs
- Passion and or experience for conducting classroom training.
- Working knowledge of UNIX utilities (scp, ssh, vi, emacs, ps, etc.)
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure / SDN / SD-WAN
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science and / or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.