Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Sr. Support Project Manager (Tools & Technology)
The Sr. Support Project Manager will work cross-functionally within the Splunk organization to help manage our entire portfolio of tools and platform related projects in Support. As a member of the Support Operations Project Team at Splunk, you will help design, plan and implement enterprise-wide support focused Tools and Technology to support our dynamic processes and programs.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, with excellent customer support business experience. Does this sound like you?
This role is part of a team of Project Delivery experts who are responsible for leading the discovery, technical requirements gathering and documenting all key areas of a successful MVP. Partnering with Support Operations Business Analysts and Splunk IT Teams, our Support Project Managers (PM) help drive successful program and project implementations by helping IT do identify the right tools and processes for success. The PMs work collaboratively and independently to provide project management for continuous improvements in support and enhancing our customer experience, performance, and productivity while managing costs.
- Understand the company’s support business and operating model and company objectives and how they translate into efficient and standardized business processes
- Collaborate with , Support Operations BAs, Technical Support Managers, and others to understand, document and deliver BRDs that are actionable by Splunk IT Teams.
- Anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and suggest areas of improvement
- Use expertise in industry standard methodologies, policies, procedures, and methodologies to establish efficiencies in project workflows
- Provide insight and guidance on areas of expertise when gathering project requirements on “to be" process and work with subject matter authorities to obtain agreement
- Drive schedules, meetings and deliverables to meet timelines as required
- Facilitates meetings and other communication, including status reporting and meeting notes
- Successfully manage more than one project, mentor other Project Managers as needed
- Expert communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Leads the overall drafting of the business requirements / use cases, test scripts / acceptance criteria, and training materials for various transformation initiatives
- Collaborates with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system
- Assist with enterprise-wide program implantation including coordination of tasks, milestones, and deadlines.
- Identifies scope creep and works directly with manager to ensure that all changes in projects have executive buy-in
- Self-motivated, team player, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Results oriented person with the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- 5+ Years managing large-scale technical projects and programs
- Understanding of project management best practices like agile, scrum, etc.
- Experience with regularly used tools – JIRA, Confluence, Google Suites, etc.
- Willingness and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Able to work independently
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Validated experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Experience managing project financials including an in-depth understanding of ROI
- Track record of delivering project on time and under budget
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.