At Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team, our commitment to delivering finance, operations, and technology assurance, advisory, compliance, and risk management services is paramount as we navigate a rapidly evolving business landscape. With our unwavering dedication to ensuring adherence to Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations, managing potential risks, and establishing business continuity resilience, we've seen remarkable growth year after year. We now have an opportunity for you to join our efforts to ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations, a cornerstone of our success.
Job Description (SOX Compliance Senior Analyst)
As a Senior Analyst, you will be part of the core Assurance, Advisory, Risk, and Compliance team responsible for contributing to the development, execution, and maintenance of the SOX compliance program, assisting in risk assessment, documentation, and testing of business and IT controls. You will work in collaboration with the process owners, internal and external audit teams to ensure the effective documentation of control procedures and maintain comprehensive records in line with SOX compliance requirements. The role requires the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects using strong analytical skills, flexibility, and ingenuity.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- Participate in end-to-end walkthroughs by partnering with business teams to understand processes, identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities
- Assist in the evaluation of new processes, policies, and systems to determine relevance and impact on the SOX program, including assessing the design of controls based on identified risks
- Design and execute the operating effectiveness of SOX business processes and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general, and application controls
- Assess, enhance, and monitor Information Technology General Controls (ITGC) and Information Technology Application Controls (ITAC) to maintain data security, system integrity, and compliance
- Manage internal testing of the IT general controls for SOX, including periodic access reviews, change management, SDLC, and other ongoing security controls
- Work with IT process owners to identify/improve the documented controls and evidence required for testing key application, security, and infrastructure components
- Maintain SOX documentation and work papers by collaborating with process owners to refine risk control matrix, improve process flows, develop test procedures, propose control language and associated risks
- Partner with process owners by providing guidance and assistance for controls/ process improvements
- Obtains management responses and performs follow up inquiry and transactional testing to confirm remediation of audit findings.
- Complete the quarterly 302 sub-certification process and summarize the results
- Prepare and execute security related IT control tests including IT segregation of duties and System and Organization Controls (SOC) Report reviews
- Contribute to the preparation of reports summarizing control assessments and compliance status for review by senior management and external auditors
- Assist external auditors with process walkthroughs, independent testing requests, and other audit requests
- Developing successful liaisons and partnering with internal and external auditors
- Manage and prioritize tasks assigned to meet SOX compliance deadlines
- Stay informed about evolving regulations and industry best practices related to ITGC, ITAC, and SOX compliance
- Demonstrate leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating effectively
- Assist with periodic management reporting and other ad-hoc projects
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus.
- 3-4 years of experience in a top public accounting firm and/or publicly traded company. Experience with a reputable Big4 firm in a role related to SOX compliance, ITGC, ITAC, or related functions will be considered a significant advantage
- Strong understanding of internal controls, SOX compliance, and COSO framework
- Experienced with control frameworks used in IT SOX, COBIT, and how this applies to the achievement of IT SOX objectives - Technology Compliance and Information Security
- Strong financial systems background and experience with SAP S/4 HANA and Oracle environments, strongly preferred
- Strong time management and organizational skills to successfully lead multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Strong documentation skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are a must
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to travel, including internationally, travel as needed (<20%)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or a related discipline
- CA, CIA, or equivalent certification preferred
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- An exciting journey of continuous learning: We're always expanding into a more dynamic environment with a constant stream of new challenges and opportunities to expand your knowledge.
- An exceptional community of hardworking professionals: When you join our team, you become part of a community of extraordinarily dedicated and innovative individuals.
- Opportunities for growth and mentorship: We believe in nurturing talent and fostering growth within our team. As a member of our advisory, assurance, risk, and compliance team, you'll have the chance to take ownership of projects and leadership opportunities.
- You'll experience a supportive atmosphere where your contributions are valued, and your career can thrive.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want our teams to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of the San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: INR 1,600,000.00 - 2,200,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.