Senior Software Engineer in Test
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Design the test strategy for complex features, cross features in large distributed environment for Splunk Enterprise product/platform
- Identify the testing gap and fill the gaps, and prioritize the tests
- Incorporate the feedback from customer use cases, customer issues, telemetry data in to testing to enhance the overall product quality
- Troubleshoot the root cause of customer environment issue, identifying and reproducing the complex bugs in house
- Identify product test requirements and propose a holistic test strategy cross teams under a feature area with senior engineers and architects in development team
- Lead test design and test code reviews regularly, and participates in test framework architecture discussions, as well as product design discussion
- Keep continuous improvement on test framework/tool efficiency
- Identifies areas of in-efficiencies and drive and implement solutions to achieve efficiencies across teams/areas and is able to measure the efficiency of his implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of bachelor with 8 years experience.
- OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education, 6 years working experience at minimal
- OR PHD with 3 year working experience
- More than 5 years experience developing test automation in Python, Java, C++
- Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- More than 3 years experience on testing large scale and distributed system
- In-depth system administration skills in Linux and Windows
- Able to isolate/troubleshoot/reproduce highly complex issues
- Good at complex problem solving
- Keeps the deadline of estimation for test deliverables, often across a multiple sprint timelines
- Expertise on defect root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience with big data distributed framework like Hadoop, and elastic search knowledge would be a big plus
- Be proficient on automation test script design and development
- Be an effective communicator
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.