Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role:
Splunk Data Platform team is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), to support and test the back-end of our platform offerings. Our team is responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will partner with the Engineering and Product team to design, develop and execute sophisticated tests to ensure the end-to-end quality of Data Platform features. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
- Design the test plan for complex features in large distributed environments for Splunk Enterprise Cloud products
- Identify product test requirements and propose a holistic test strategy cross teams with senior engineers and architects in development team
- Identify inefficiencies test practices/framework/tooling, and design/drive solutions for higher productivity and effectiveness
- Design, setup and continuously improve regression pipelines for higher stability, scalability, and performance
- Incorporate the feedback from customer use cases, customer issues, telemetry data in to testing to enhance the overall product quality
- Conduct in-depth analysis to identify the testing gaps and improve overall test coverage
- Troubleshoot the root cause of customer environment issue, identifying and reproducing the complex bugs in house
- Coach junior team members
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- More than 5 years experience developing test automation in one of the following programing languages: Java, Python, Golang or C++
- More than 3 years experience on testing large scale and distributed system
- Expertise on test-driven development, developing different levels of automated tests, such as unit test, functional test, integration test, system test, or performance test
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud platforms
- Experience in building/improving test automation tools, frameworks and CI/CD technologies
- Solid experience on isolate/troubleshoot/reproduce highly complex issues, and conduct root cause analysis
- Keeps the deadline of estimation for test deliverables across multiple sprints
- Experience with big data distributed frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, or equivalent would be a big plus
- Experience with Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, or any container orchestration would be a plus
- Be an effective communicator
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of bachelor with 8 years experience.
- or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of education, 6 years working experience at minimal
- or PHD with 3 year working experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).