Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best customer experiences. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our products, our culture, and most importantly our customers.
As a Software Engineer in Test, on the framework and tools team, you will help design, develop, maintain quality test tools and frameworks to continually support and extend the test capabilities of our quality engineering teams. The role requires individuals that are responsive, responsible, reliable, detail-focused, and self-motivated to help diagnose and fix both testing and infrastructure issues. They should provide solutions that would decrease instability and increase the maintainability of our tests spanning our customer-managed platform products and our cloud offerings.
Responsibilities will extend to providing solutions to support other organizations outside of engineering, like sales, marketing, support, sustaining, dev-ops, etc. External and internal team collaborations are required and it’s the heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic, focused, and diligent individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have a strong understanding of product quality standards, automation, and processes. We look for individuals that can effectively communicate verbally and written to raise quality concerns to their partners.
- Development. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas and market segments, and this includes working with open source technologies as well as developing proprietary solutions. We are looking for people to help build highly scalable solutions for cloud products and offerings.
- Passionate peers. You will engage with a diverse set of peers in engineering, design, docs, product management, sales, and support.
- Breadth and depth. Work in areas that span backend CLI/REST/SDK/Database/Networking/Storage testing to frontend web development testing.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing diverse engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities! We also believe mentors help both the individuals and the company grow. We are focused on the engineers behind the code.
- Safe, diverse, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Splunk strongly supports working in an open, safe, and inclusive environment.
- Balance. Splunk is a people-first company and Splunkers are encouraged to maintain a work-life balance. We trust our Splunkers to be responsible for their time and commitment and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Effective communicator. Excellence in verbal and written communication, the ability to be concise and effective in getting ideas across to other people and teams, in person and in remote environments.
- Understanding of systems programming. Understanding of networking fundamentals, and memory management, and storage solutions are required. Must demonstrate experience in separating responsibilities between code and services. As we move toward larger cloud adoption, experiences in transitioning from traditional frameworks and tests to adopt service-oriented architectures are preferred.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mentality are important.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Education: Must have 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree, or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree, or a Ph.D. with 3 years experience, or equivalent work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, etc.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).