Locations: San Jose, CA
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!SOAR QA Team
Splunk SOAR is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open community for sharing Playbooks and Apps. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
Splunk is building a fast-paced team and is seeking for QA testers with strong automation skills.
- Assist in design, monitoring, and administering a scale-able, development and test automation system: From test integration to automation framework.
- Provide innovative insight to better the reliability, scale-ability, and maintainability of systems.
- Create and execute automated and manual test plans and maintain accurate documentation of results and process.
- Automate, script, and use tools whenever possible to reduce task execution time.
- Excellent team work: Work closely with others, resolve issues and develop code as a unified team. • Effectively interact with software development, QA, and release teams.
- Occasionally, assist developers in small scale feature/bug fixes
- Stabilize and Maintain CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment) pipeline.
- Aid in bug verifications working closely with scrum teams
- Strive to constantly improve the test automation framework.
- Help drive product quality by improving automation, guiding developers in different test techniques and signing off on scope of unit/functional tests
- Write comprehensive feature test plans.
- Collaborate with other QA SMEs to improve the test coverage
- Good Listener and Effective communicator
- 8+ years’ experience in QA Automation Engineering, Devops, or related experience.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
- Solid understanding of the development cycle of any software based product.
- Knowledge of automation tools in the industry
- Excellent scripting and automation skills, specifically strong Python skills are required.
- Desire to automate as much as possible, especially during the development cycle.
- B.S. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with monitoring/reporting systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc)
- Experience with Gitlab, Jenkins, Buildbot, or other equivalent continuous integration packages
- Experience with tests and bug tracking tools (Testlink, Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira, etc)
- Experience with Chef, Robot Framework, or other automation framework systems
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Experience with build server integration and build tools
- Experience with virtualization and/or clustering systems
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs, etc.
- Solid scripting skills in any scripting language (Python required, Shell, Tcl/Expect, etc)
- Experience with clustering technologies - service and database (Hadoop, SQL, etc)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.