Senior Software Developer in Test/Performance
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Be a part of the Operations platform that will power the OODA loop (Observe, Orient, Decide, Act) for SOCs (Security Operations Center). The platform will support the ability to flexibly integrate the security technology capabilities from Splunk into a single platform with a common Splunk experience in the cloud.
The services team is a fast-paced team and is seeking for Senior/Lead Test and performance engineer
- Participate actively with the engineering team to design review features, develop end to end functional tests and develop performance benchmarks
- Assist in design, monitoring, and administering a scale-able, develop test automation system: From test integration to automation framework is a huge plus.
- Automate, script, and use tools whenever possible to reduce task/build execution time
- Create and execute automated and manual test plans and maintain accurate documentation of results and process.
- Responsible for end to end test plan, integration, automation and performance.
- Excellent team work: Work closely with others, resolve hard problems and develop code as a unified team in an agile/scrum setting
- Effectively interact with core team, peer teams and product management
- 7+ years’ experience in QA Automation Engineering, DevOps, or related experience.
- Strong experience in Selenium webdriver and Pytest
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Excellent scripting and automation skills
- Experience in UI automation.
- Experience in developing performance test scripts.
- Experience developing tests for micro services(rest API) deployed in the cloud a huge plus.
- Fair knowledge of Security concepts
- A strong desire to automate and performance benchmark as much as possible.
- B.S. in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with Jenkins, Buildbot, gitlab or other equivalent continuous integration packages
- Experience with Jest, Mocha, Cypress or other test frameworks are nice to have
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools; JIRA (preferred)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes and/or clustering systems
- Experience with clustering technologies - service and database (sql or nodal)
- Systems administration for development and test systems.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.