Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Write test plans for Splunk Applications
- Design, build and maintain test automation for Splunk Applications
- Test Splunk Applications in large scale
- Certify Splunk Applications on various Splunk Core Releases
- Review PRDs, ERDs and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Create effective test cases and collaborate with engineering and product managers making sure the test coverage is as wide as possible
- Bug life cycle maintenance, plus customer issue verification and troubleshooting
- Keep improving the test efficiency by being open and innovating on new tools
- Understand how customers use Splunk Applications and perform Root Cause Analysis of customer issues
- Collaborate with other QA SMEs to improve the test coverage
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Software Engineering with 7+ years of experience required
- Master’s in Computer Science/Software Engineering with 5+ years of experience required
- Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux OSs
- Experience in Selenium or other UI test tools
- Experienced working on distributed systems
- Experienced working on enterprise applications
- Experienced in building and improving test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of product quality standards
- System/critical thinking and big picture mindset
- Be mature and patient on handling conflicts
- Effective communicator
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.