Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Sr Software Development Engineer in Test, Security you will work closely with the Product Security Engineering team and Product management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Splunk Security team. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Understanding of Security systems. Security experience is required. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in Federated Authentication/Authorization in technologies like SAML/LDAP. Experience in generating different security attacks like – XSS, SQL Injection, LDAP Injection, XML Injection, Path Traversal, Local/Remote File Inclusion etc.
- Distributed. Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud.
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Ability to integrate security testing and tooling into CI pipeline of test automation.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 5+ years’ experience developing test automation in Python/Go or other frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and explore test frameworks, tools, infrastructure to perform multiple security attacks on the Splunk system. Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attackvectors and how to reproduce them locally.
- Education. BS/MS in Computer Science or Information Security.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.