Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
As a Sr Software Engineer - Cloud Automation, you will be responsible for building, and maintaining automation tools to deploy and manage the Splunk Cloud product.
You will work to enhance awesome automation solutions that are highly reliable, resilient, and extendable.
You will work closely with Product Teams to analyze new feature changes and configurations and help team in certification of the product quality.
You will coordinate with and build solutions to support other internal teams ranging from Sales to Product Engineering.
As a Sr Software Engineer in Test, you will work closely with the Engineering and Product Management team to develop, script and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Splunk features and their functionality implemented by Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by Product Management. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong knowledge of product quality standards, automation and processes.
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Understanding of Systems Programming. Examples of areas you need to be knowledgeable in, include understanding of networking fundamentals and memory.
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, Hadoop is preferred.
- Design, build and maintain test automation.Most of our features are deployed in enterprise and AWS Cloud. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 1+ years experience developing test automation in Java, Python or other frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases.
- Education: Must have 6 + years as a SDET, or Software Engineer with CS in Computer Science or relevant degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.