Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's Business Analytics team is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our premium product - Splunk Business Flow. These experiences will empower Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud customers to discover end-to-end business processes across business systems in a rich user interface, explore and visualize variances and investigate the root causes behind business process issues to quickly improve efficiencies.
In this role you will focus on both building and driving, cutting edge data analytics experience, as well as maintaining and improving upon our existing products. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering and design, demonstrating our massive datasets into intuitive user interfaces, utilizing modern web technologies.
What you'll do
- You'll build world-class data analytics experiences
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, User Experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the industry working with client-side and server-side technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.