Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's UI engineering team is seeking an exceptional Sr. Software Engineer to drive product development, technical improvements, and best practices across our user experience applications. In this role, you will focus on building new user experiences that bring value to our customers, as well as maintaining and improving our existing products. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering, and design, creating intuitive user interfaces with the latest technologies and software development and delivery practices.
What you'll do
- Help with refinement of the technical roadmap for front-end improvements.
- You’ll mentor and coach engineers, participate in design and code reviews, and share your work.
- You’ll construct framework-level enhancements that improve the way software development is implemented by your team.
- You'll participate in the development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems.
What you'll need
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience in leading critical, architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction, and communicating effectively
- 8+ years of experience, the majority working with web and/or client-side technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with modern build and dependency management processes and tools:, Webpack, Yarn, Node, npm.
What We Offer You
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of awesome hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
- Balanced work environment and workload. Flexible and adaptable work practices to meet the challenges of 2020 and beyond.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.