Join us in our mission to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and celebrating each other’s success.
Splunk's data visualizations team is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our flagship product - Splunk Enterprise. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, changing trends in use of our products and answer our customers` questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data.
In this role you will focus on building an intuitive data analytics user experience. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering and design, utilizing modern web technologies to help our customers make informed decisions and find answers to their business questions.
What you'll do
- You'll build world-class data analytics experiences.
- You’ll develop and maintain data visualization components used by our internal and external product teams.
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, Design, frontend and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience
- You are passionate about web technology, reusability, componentization, and building for scale.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You have experience with client-side data processing, rendering performance, and visualizations.
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
- Bonus: Experience with popular data visualization libraries such as d3.js, HighCharts, Leaflet/Mapbox GLJS
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. Engineers develop skills through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Work/life balance.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.