Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the effort in development of Security Products and Applications on Cloud. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work in both front-end and back-end. You will be interacting with product management, customers and other engineering teams across Splunk to understand detailed requirements.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion, storage, search, analytics to implementing dashboards and tools to support operational requirements.
- You can lead and drive projects from inception to completion with minimal direction.
- Deeply understand our product architecture, usage patterns, and real-world deployment scenarios to develop solutions that will bring value to our customers.
- Enhance the product, keeping scalability and performance considerations as a high priority
- Partner with other leaders from architecture, eng management, and product management on project requirements
- Collaborate with members of our team to design and create full-stack solutions including back end and front end code.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Keep product quality top of mind with automated testing
- Become well versed in Splunk's core technologies as they apply to application development
- Mentor junior engineers as they develop their application development skills
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience of building Cloud products
- You are proficient in Python and Object-Oriented Programming.
- You have excellent knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and AWS technologies.
- You have strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, software design and RESTful APIs
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines and have used cutting-edge technologies to improve the current build and infrastructure.
- Be a part of the code reviews and mentor junior team members
- Production-level experience developing cloud-native distributed systems processing high volumes of data at scale.
- Knowledge of Istio, Django and Golang is nice to have.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with an agile software development model
- Familiarity with information security is a plus
What We Offer You
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn that will challenge and excite you. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally driven and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.