Join us as we pursue an exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you interested in being part of a small team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for machine data? Splunk is looking for Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of Splunk. You will be joining a team that's developing both the engine that drives our machine-data platform as well as the infrastructure to run and scale it.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works - from identity and access control to customer entitlements and lifecycle management – all in distributed environments. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
We are an engineering- and product-focused company. Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building, and testing our product. Engineers at Splunk have a wide impact, from developing new capabilities like identity management to metrics ingestion and analysis to working with customers to see their work be used to solve real-world problems.
What You Get
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always growing into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. We have opportunities to learn both about how Splunk Cloud Services work holistically as well as go deep into some of the challenges we face in distributed systems design and development.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and encouraging work environment. When in the office, we work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and can sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Lead team in design and development of cloud native microservices to support Splunk's array of cloud products with a focus on scalability, reliability and resiliency of services.
- Collaborate with the team through code and design reviews to deliver high quality software.
- Deployment and monitoring of infrastructure required to run cloud services.
- Instrumentation of metrics and monitoring to support on-call in detection and mitigation of incidents.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve the team's productivity and efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Mentor junior engineers as they develop their design and development skills.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you'll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work and be passionate about your projects.
- Understanding of Systems Programming and Distributed Systems. Examples of areas you may be knowledgeable in include how threads work, understanding of parallel processing, server and kernel architectures, a good grasp of data structures and algorithms, etc. You don't need to be an expert, but you should have a foundation to build on.
- Experience with Cloud and Containers. You have experience in writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud services, and you've worked with the container ecosystem using tools like Docker, ECS, and Kubernetes.
- Ability to lead teams working on complex technical projects. As a Senior Engineer, you’ll help other engineers design systems, scope and decompose projects, manage technical debt and risk, promote best practices and mentor others on the team.
- Experience with Commerce, Orchestration or Databases would be a plus, but is not required.
- 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.