Sr. Software Engineer (back end) - UBA Team
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA) is a machine learning driven solution that helps organizations find hidden threats and anomalous behavior across users, devices, and applications. You will be part of Splunk UBA team and work with other team members, engineering and Product Management to plan, develop and deliver various features and functionalities for the Splunk UBA.
- You will design and create robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems for provisioning, management, and monitoring in a multi-threaded, multi-process environment for Splunk UBA Platform
- Design technical implementations for new features. Implement new features & Analyze performance of existing and new features. You'll help identify and fix bugs discovered during use and/or testing of Splunk’s Behavior analytics products
- You'll be writing tests and collaborate with Quality Assurance team to ensure features quality.
- You'll partner closely with User Experience (UX) and Architecture Design teams at design phase of software development life cycle to design & implement Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- You'll collaborate and coordinate with Product Support Engineering team to implement features or fix bugs in the platform
- Innovate and contribute to the product road map
- We hope that you have a passion for mentoring as you'll have the opportunity to lead software architecture and design processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to own a set of product features and/or modules using primarily Scala and/or Java languages on Apache Spark/Hadoop based computing infrastructure on Linux environment
- Excellent Java/Scala skills with distributed systems design and knowledge of OO and functional programming practices
- Strong knowledge of shell scripts and/or Python
- Expert knowledge with Unix/Linux environment
- Knowledge of docker/Kubernetes frameworks
- Working experience on real time data pipelines like Kafka etc.
- Excellent database knowledge of SQL, NoSQL or NewSQL
- Strong knowledge on code repository and/or automation server tools
- Proven skills in load analysis, performance tuning, monitoring and measuring
- Very clear computer science fundamentals, data structure knowledge and software engineering principles
- Passion for solving hard problems and exploring new technologies
- Excellent Team player with good communication and documentation skills
- Requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.