Sr. Android Developer
The Splunk Mobile Engineering team is looking for highly motivated talent to build innovative solutions that solve real world problems and enable rapid comprehension of massive amounts of data in real time. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both native mobile and mobile back-end) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you to be successful in your career.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Android Mobile you will be responsible for …
Building and designing innovative products that enable rapid development. You will contribute to modern native mobile solutions that utilize data in unique ways. You will interact with designers and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also collaborate with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- You will design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
- You will help mentor, lead and guide your teammates
Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, agile framework, tools, methods, test development, algorithms and data structures.
- Highly proficient in Android (Java, Kotlin)
- Strong experience in building native mobile (Android) applications with an emphasis on performance and robustness
- Experience in mobile instrumentation and analytics, mobile app lifecycle
- Experience collaborating with design and cross functional engineering teams to make the complex simple for the user
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment and work well with others
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
- Minimum 8 years relevant work experience
- Comfortable releasing production quality apps on the Google Play Store
- Extensive experience with relevant technologies like Android Jetpack components, REST, Web sockets, MVVM and/or MVP design patterns
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to engage with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk thrives on disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.