Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data
accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled
with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver
the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to
our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s
success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a
part of our journey!
About the Role:
Be part of our journey as we reinvent security operations, and help
enterprises say goodbye to “swivel chair security. ”Splunk® Mission
Control is a unified cloud-based platform that brings together security
data, analytics and operations under one common work surface where
security teams can holistically detect, manage, investigate, hunt,
contain and remediate threats — all from one place — resulting in
faster, more efficient and more effective security operations.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a proven record of
software delivery. This role requires cross-team collaboration with our
user experience, product management, and documentation teams, as
well as technical leaders from other engineering teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage
patterns, and real world use-cases in order to better understand
what solutions will bring value to our customers
- Develop new product features, clarify and improve designs, and
help put together a plan for how to make it happen (using Agile
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and members of
our team to design comprehensive end-to-end user workflows
Keep product quality top of mind by extensively using
Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD), testing
technologies (unit, functional, performance), and best software
- Champion, coach and mentor others to solve problems in new
and creative ways with the goal to maintain team efficiency and
- Programming experience using languages such as Java, C++ or
Go in a backend or web services based engineering team
- Exposure to working with cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
and container ecosystems (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures and principles
that solve for scalability, consistency, availability, performance,
- Experienced with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that
effectively uses CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab, etc.)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a
wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven
ability to effectively work with others within a dynamic
- 7+ years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree;
or equivalent practical experience; or 6 years and a technical
Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 5 years experience; or
equivalent practical experience
What We Offer You:
- Constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always
expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- Set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way
from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers
through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe
mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments
today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other
applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the
candidate is applying.