You will work closely with all our internal development teams to ensure we build in security from day one. Ideally you will have a solid development background and have progressed to be a security authority. Your ability to keep up to date on all new security challenges and work with our teams to develop protection mechanism is key.
You will identify common software security anti-patterns and design appropriate solutions. Your ultimate goal in this role will be to help the Product Security Team at Splunk “shift left” within the SDLC. You will play multiple roles, including product manager, senior engineer reviewing code from junior engineers on the team and project manager, handling delivery timelines.
You will be an excellent fit if you:
- Have 3-5 years hands-on experience writing tools that can integrate with the CI pipeline and user facing tools with good user experience.
- Have delivered high signal, low noise security tools which accurately identify security issues early in the SDLC.
- Have experience with security testing at scale by building and implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, open source scanning tools and integrating security into a CI/CD workflow.
- Have hands-on experience with tools and technologies used throughout secure SDLC (e.g., Burp Suite, Fortify/Checkmarx /Veracode, WhiteSource/Blackduck).
- Expertise in application development frameworks, build systems and ability to integrate tools into the CI infrastructure.
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Gitlab CI, Jenkins and build tools like CMake.
- Familiarity with SAST, DAST and OSS scanning tools.
- Authoritative understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of crypto primitives, authentication protocols and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens).
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
- Contributions to open source tools, particularly security tools.
- Experience developing and rolling out security tools that have been received well by developers.
- Experience performing peer code reviews and quality reviews regularly.
- Experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.