Job Description: That’s a cool job...I want it!
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to add a Senior SAP Data Migration Specialist to the Enterprise IT Architecture team focused on the SAP suite of products. As our revenue grows towards $5B in annual revenue, it is critical that we provide a world-class experience to our internal and external customers. This role is for you if possess a blend of engagement skills, business understanding, critical thinking, technical mastery and architectural work.
Location: San Jose or San Francisco
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- You'll architect the SAP data migration solutions for a massive scale implementation
- You'll develop global/enterprise focused data definitions, business rules and standards for master data
- You'll create data conversion and mapping documents for all legacy objects
- You'll set-up and configure SAP based on standard methodologies.
- You'll seek to understand business rules and derive transformation mapping by analyzing source data to translate them into functional & technical specifications
- You'll ensure master data quality is maintained through analysis, migration, validation and audit procedures
- You'll assist the Data Governance and Quality team in defining and building governance rules and policies
- You'll create S4HANA Data Architecture and Data Migration artifacts
What you'll need: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 15+ years of related work experience as a SAP Data Migration/ETL lead
- Experience in at least 2 large scale ERP data migration projects with sound knowledge of FICO, OTC and MM modules.
- 3+ years of work experience with SAP systems such as SAP Business Suite, SAP HANA, SAP Suite on HANA.
- Knowledge of the latest SAP products such as Fiori, S/4 HANA, BW/4 HANA, etc.
- Experience working with Business and Enterprise Data Governance team
- Experience with data cleansing and defining business rules for setting up data quality criteria to build tools that will be used for maintaining data quality and integrity of the SAP system.
- Experience analyzing data sets or data results (e.g. profiling results, results reporting) to test mapping logic and identify adherence, or lack thereof, to rules requirements.
- 10+ years of IT implementation or consulting experience in the High-Tech industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open,fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
Education: Got it,
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.