Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. In this role you will be a technical expert for Public Sector SLED customers. Splunk SEs will be able to answer technical inquiries from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer happiness through all stages of the technical sales cycle, and you should also establish and maintain positive relationships with our customer's technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop deep understanding of the customers infrastructure, adjacent organizations, activities, and understanding the respective use cases.
- Drive enterprise-wide strategic technical value conversations with line of business owners.
- Act as technical leader overseeing all strategic and tactical account activities.
- Ability to collaborate with technical internal and external technical resources while maintaining technical leadership before, during and after any internal or external engagement.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to technical account leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate and/or orchestrate Splunk’s products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on value-based differentiators.
- Establishing and maintaining key strategic relationships with IT and MSP partners.
- Responsible for development and the execution of technical account plan for top strategic accounts.
- Responsibility includes organizing, coordinating, and the completion of all technical sales engineering activities for the top strategic customers.
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers:
- Are visionaries who demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
- Treat their job as their craft and are serious about constantly improving it
- Love technology, but more relevantly love articulating our exciting technology
- Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
- Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
- Possess and demonstrate conviction regarding the value of Splunk
Highly desirable attributes:
- Strong understanding of SIEM and cyber security solutions.
- Practical experience reviewing and drafting responses to Federal requests for comment, requests for information, requests for proposals, et cetera
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical partners, etc.
- Committed to delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences -- experience doing so with Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience administering both Linux or Windows systems - Linux expertise is helpful
- Experience writing code / scripting to automate common tasks (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience 5+ years
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment
- Industry experience, Security, ITOA, IOT
- Cloud industry certifications: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the On Target Earnings (OTE) ranges are guidelines and for candidates who receive an offer, the OTE pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to OTE, this role is eligible for benefits, and may be eligible for equity
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering here.
OTE Pay Ranges
For sales roles the ranges are expressed as On Target Earning or OTE (OTE = base + incentives in the form of sales incentive plans).
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
On Target Earnings: $184,000 - 253,000 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), New York (excludes NYC Metro Area), and all other states.
On Target Earnings: $176,000 - 242,000 per year