Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
**Active TS/SCI Clearance Required**
Location: Greater Washington DC area or Atlanta, GA
Splunk SE's will be able to answer technical inquiries from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. They will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the technical sales cycle, and they should also establish and maintain positive relationships with our customer's technical staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Guide customers through data-focused problem solving techniques
- Challenge Splunk in how we serve our customers
- Provide insight as to how Splunk can transform customer operations
- Help customers understand that Splunk’s underlying technology is the only solution of its kind
- Identify and build Splunk champions within your customers
- Commit to customer success
- Celebrate your customer’s success (You’ll be doing a lot of this)
Our Most Successful Sales Engineers:
- Are visionaries who demonstrate that real experience trumps time served
- Treat their job as their craft, and are serious about constantly improving it
- Love technology, but more importantly, love articulating the value of technology
- Prepare themselves to go as broad as possible and as deep as necessary
- Relish being challenged by customers and constantly challenging themselves
- Entice our customers with vision while being pragmatic trusted advisors
- Possess and demonstrate conviction regarding the value of Splunk
Highly desirable attributes:
- Practical experience with Federal Acquisition processes (RFC, RFI, RFP, etc.)
- Practical experience reviewing and drafting responses to Federal requests for comment, requests for information, requests for proposals, et cetera
- Passionate about crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, discussion documents, and RFP responses that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical stakeholders, etc.
- Committed to delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences -- experience doing so with Splunk is highly desirable
- Experience administering both Linux or Windows systems - Linux expertise is helpful
- Experience writing code / scripting to automate common tasks (Python, bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Prior technical sales / technical services experience 5+ years
Other desirable differentiators:
- Collaborative experience at a Federal Systems Integrator in a client-facing technical role
- Prior experience using Splunk in an operational context
- Experience designing and implementing analytic dashboards or other visualization improvements in a production environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or similar course of study - equivalent professional experience will be considered
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply!!