Sr Sales Engineer - IT Infrastructure SLED (CSE)
Location: Remote, US
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD? This is an opportunity to work at a company that is innovating the way information supports business decisions.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will be a technical IT domain expert for Public Sector SLED customers and our internal sales engineering team.
As a Solutions Engineer for Splunk’s Consulting Solutions Engineer, you will become part of a world-class pre-sales team that provides technical and thought leadership of Splunk’s IT Ops and Observability focused solutions to the sales organization and to Splunk’s prospects and customers. You will work directly with customers while acting as the subject matter expert across Splunk’s Observability solutions including the ITSI, SignalFx, VictorOps, Omnition and core Splunk technology products. You will consistently be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize Splunk’s outstanding value proposition. During the sales cycle, you will guide prospects through trials and proof of concepts, demonstrating Splunk’s ability to meet and exceed customer requirements and building a positive relationship that will go beyond the initial transaction and provide value to our customers for years to come.
- Partner with the Public Sector SLED account teams to develop strategic and technical account and territory plans for IT Ops and Observability solutions
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk’s products and solutions to customers either on-site or remotely, with a focus on IT operations and value-based differentiators.
- Understand and help to orchestrate all technical phases of the sales cycle, including leading proof of concepts and other customer validation activities
- Provide leadership and guidance to assist customers in defining their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization from the C-suite down to individual developers, SRE’s, and system Administrators.
- Ability to be organized and analytical and able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- You MUST have a strong sense of self-motivation, an unbridled curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 8+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate sophisticated ideas to all levels of the business.
- Familiarity with modern and traditional enterprise architectures leveraging virtualization, microservices, containers, cloud, and related technologies, including IT monitoring automation and analytics technologies
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management/development, operations, etc.)
- Knowledge of “Big Data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Knowledge of APM technologies (real and synthetic monitoring, traceability, observability) as well as APM products is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with modern programming languages including: Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby,Node.js, Go, etc.
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures
- Experience with working with Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Lambda (preferred)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure (certification is preferred)
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
- Experience with various monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Datadog, New Relic, Grafana, etc. (preferred)
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- Prior IT Infrastructure, Engineering or Network Operations Center experience preferred (NOC)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or substantial relevant on the job experience
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.