Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
You are hardworking, self-motivated individual with at least 5-7 years of project/program management experience working with global technology companies to join our growing Product Security team.
There’s plenty happening at Splunk. You’ll need a growth mindset, so you can identify and articulate business needs, and pivot as priorities change. You also enjoy working with a diverse team that gets things done and makes a difference.
In this role you will
- Track the health and maturity of security assurance across all Splunk products.
- Track all product releases and security assurance activities for each release.
- Lead team planning meetings. Ensure that all requirements are included in the backlog, properly prioritized and resource allocated.
- Monitor project status and execution, provide clear communications to the leadership.
- Work closely with a team of engineers that operates both as a scrum team and a service delivery team.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made in service delivery and team processes.
- Own project administration, including 3rd party contracts and invoices, as necessary.
- Assist in identification of technologies and tools, especially as they relate to project management.
- Lead quarterly planning and reviews of the Security Assurance portfolio
- Develop detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, budget and resource planning)
- Build dashboards and other reports used to run the security assurance portfolio and key initiatives
- Develop presentations, risk management and other content for executive reviews
- At least five (5) years of project/program management experience.
- Extremely detail oriented and often catch mistakes.
- Expertise in project management software, office tools (Microsoft Office, G Suite), business intelligence/visualization applications, and collaboration tools.
- Exhibit exemplary project management, communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business.
- Ability to take initiative, make key decisions and work both independently and within the Product Security team. You will prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving environment.
- Strong business sense with a strategic outlook and an interest in working in a fast moving, dynamic and friendly team.
- Professional certifications or equivalent experience working in Project Management, Information Governance (or related fields).
- Team work skills to collaborate with Engineering, Program management, Internal Audit, Policy and Compliance, and other key partners across Splunk on key initiatives.
We value diversity at our company. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.