Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a hardworking Senior Program Manager with experience across technical disciplines within an Agile and Scrum-based development environment. This position requires a well-rounded individual who won’t miss details while guiding multiple teams. We're looking for someone who can thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment and can distill complex problems into actionable work and help to drive projects to completion. Working cross functionally with a broad set of business partners, you will use keen business process understanding, appreciation for simplicity and quality, critical thinking, and a bit of elbow grease, to build holistic solutions that meet business and technology objectives while furthering Splunk’s long range goals.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You'll work with multiple teams, guiding team members through the use of Agile and Scrum practices. It's your job to schedule and facilitate team events such as Sprint Planning/Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings.
- You'll act as a liaison between your development teams and other internal groups such as Product Management, Design, Docs, Legal and Marketing to ensure clear lines of communication are maintained and program delivery is smooth and effective.
- You'll own the success of a program from end-to-end, tracking and reporting on progress, and driving resolution of issues. Working with your peers across the organization, you'll ensure accountability, execution of timelines, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results.
- You'll ensure your team has the necessary resources and support to ensure success.
- You'll be part of the team driving company-wide program management practice standardization and improvement. Your experience and expertise will help bring us to the next level.
- You'll work with product leadership to define strategy and determine solutions to key challenges. With your expertise in methodologies and tooling, you'll help share standards and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- You have 5+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles, with at least 3 years working within a team using Agile or Scrum methodologies. You're ready to coach your peers on the Program Management team.
- You have experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- You're great at juggling multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross-functional teams.
- Communication, detail management, and Agile practices are your forte. You are familiar with Lean, Agile, You can communicate and act upon risks appropriately and effectively. You've got a large toolkit of program management processes and experience that you can use and customize as needed.
- You have an understanding of key technical tools such as Git, Codeship, Excel, Slack, Salesforce, AWS, Docker, Ansible, and Artifactory. Experience with Agile management tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, and BitBucket) are great.
- You're phenomenal at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management. You're a natural problem-solver. You know how to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization without having positional authority, and you have experience communicating up to the Executive level of an organization.
Education? I've got that.
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP, or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.