As a Professional Services DevOps Consultant, you will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. You'll solve an organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
- Opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- You will work with a team of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to work with partners for maximum effectiveness? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share standard methodologies and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input.
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- 3+ years of current experience in Technical consulting or Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Implementation
- Proficiency and demonstrable understanding in at least 2 of the following programming languages: Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.JS, Objective-C, Java-Dalvik
- 2+ years of current experience working with working with container orchestration i.e. Kubernetes and Docker
- 2+ years of current experience working with Cloud IaaS providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure
- Experience with enterprise monitoring systems i.e. Nagios, Elastic and Splunk
- Experience with serverless functions i.e AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions, Azure Functions
- Experience of orchestration and automation technologies i.e. Ansible, Terraform
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how they relate to the customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of APM, and microservices)
- Not required, but a plus: knowledge of Splunk administration, or statistical and analytical modeling.
- Desire to Learn and Adapt: You will constantly be learning new areas and new technologies. "Growth Mindset"
- Willing to travel up to 30% across the Region region when circumstances permit.