Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers. We bring standard methodologies out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the phenomenal things that our customers and partners do with Splunk.
Our Sr. Professional Services Consultants fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. You'll solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies that come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
- The opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- You will work with a team of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to work with partners for maximum effectiveness? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Enable customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share business use cases and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input.
- 4+ years of experience in technical consulting as a security engineer or cyber security engineer
- Prior experience with Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Splunk Cloud strongly preferred; Splunk certifications strongly preferred
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface.
- Experience with federal and national Cyber security policies, standards and industry best practices
- Ability to identify threats and engineering solutions to autonomously identify threats
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools.
- Passion. Our customers are just as passionate about Splunk as we are about the solutions we bring to them.
- Ability to collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation captured from customer input.
- Demonstrated communication skills – written and oral. Ability to stop, collaborate and listen to technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance).
- Familiarity with Splunk User Behavior Analytics (UBA) and/or SOAR is a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructures including AWS and Azure.
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Meaningful software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Education: BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity, or equivalent work experience.
- Clearance Level: TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly is required
- This position is customer facing and will require onsite support in the Northern Virginia area.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.