Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers. We bring standard methodologies out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world's needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the extraordinary things that our customers and partners do with Splunk.
As a Professional Services Consultant, you will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. You'll solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
The Splunk Professional Services Consultant will:
- Opportunity to drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to resolve their unique problems.
- You will work with a team of incredibly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from the Field, Sales Engineering and Customer Support.
- Breadth and depth. Do you want to work with partners for maximum effectiveness? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share standard methodologies and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input.
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- +5 years of current experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing environment while working independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate.
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Good to have working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work closely with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- Fluent in English both in verbal and written
- Not required, but a plus: statistical and analytical modeling
- Willing to travel up to 50% within APAC
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience.