Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Legal is looking for a highly experienced and motivated paralegal whose primary role would be to support the Products and Marketing Legal Team, under the supervision of Sr. Corporate Counsel, Products and Services (Legal). The position will be based in our San Francisco or San Jose office.
Personal Characteristics and Skills:
To succeed in this role, you will need to have excellent critical thinking ability; maintain a strong work ethic and a high degree of accountability; and be detail-oriented, process-driven and highly organized. You should be able to work effectively, independently, as well as collaboratively and flexibly in a collegial, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You should possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to build trusted relationships across teams. You should be self-motivated, self-reliant, confident, diligent and curious. Also, you should maintain a sense of humor and live the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage inbound license agreements, service contracts, NDAs, and other transactional documents as needed
- Provide legal support for various marketing activities, including review of collateral and event/program materials
- Help create and scale project management process and knowledge management, including the processes and procedures for the Team’s review of new features, functionality, products and services
- Research and assist in tracking applicable laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Update and maintain the Team’s templates, playbooks and guidelines based on applicable laws, rules and regulatory guidance
- Create training modules and lead and coordinate various training sessions and other communications delivered to varying organizations within the company
- Support M&A activities of Splunk and any integration work
- Collaborate with Legal Operations to acquire, configure and roll out tools and technologies that increase the Team’s efficiency and value to the business
- Develop positive, strong, and collaborative relationships with multiple cross-functional partners across Splunk to enhance the Team's effectiveness and ability to deliver on complex tasks that have broad impact
- Maintain metrics for the Team and its programs
- Pitch in on other responsibilities as needed
- Qualified as a paralegal in California
- 10 or more years of experience providing paralegal support at a well-regarded law firm or corporate legal department
- Proven experience with commercial transactions, marketing review and intellectual property and/or data privacy/security issues
- Product support experience required
- Facility with intellectual property laws and licensing concepts
- Technical savvy
- Strong computer skills, including with office productivity software (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Google Drive, etc.) and be open to exploring new technical tools to help the Team
- Passionate about tech and love learning new technologies
- Able to effectively juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team to stay in sync and working independently to get the job done
- Advanced project management skills -- detail-oriented, process-driven and highly organized
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.