Senior Product Supportability Engineer
San Jose, CA /San Francisco, CA /Plano, Texas
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our adventure!
What you'll do:
Splunk is seeking a Senior Product Supportability Engineer to provide an interlock between our Customer Success (Support, and Field teams) and Product (Product and Cloud Development) organizations. The goal of Product Supportability Engineering is to drive the total effort required from customers, support teams, and the Engineering teams to support products and ensure Service Readiness at launch. This is a very dynamic role where you will engage in the Product Life-Cycle (PLC) used in Splunk, ensuring smooth deliveries to our Splunk Cloud Platform and the success of the Global Support teams.
Collaborating with the Director of Supportability, this role is responsible for the cohesion between the Splunk product line and the Global Support Delivery Teams. In this role, you will be on the lookout for systemic issues that cause extra effort for customers. You will advocate to senior leadership for engineering and tooling improvements that improve the support experience. You'll identify requirements, handle project schedules, and identify risks to integrate support for all phases of the product life cycle. You’ll partner closely with Product teams to understand the product roadmap and prepare the respective Service organization for launch.
This role includes, but is not limited to: establishing quality review process (product and support), attending appropriate product release meetings, remaining current on engineering and product roadmaps, representing support during Product Life Cycle meetings, ensuring support teams (from TSE to VP) are aware of upcoming changes that may impact support delivery, ensuring support offerings aligned with product expectations, long term road map planning, training coordination with Technical Enablement, and overall accountability to Support and Product/Cloud alignment.
As a Senior Product Supportability Engineer, you will play a vital role within the integrations core team at Splunk, where you will:
- Identify and drive major product supportability efforts as the primary Support interface into Engineering leadership.
- Own technical relationships with leaders in Product Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering, in order to improve the customer experience.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Global Partners to address product issues that impact the customer user experience
- Represent support in C-level product reviews.
- Work closely with the Product teams to understand their roadmap and prepare the respective Service organization for launch.
- Develop and deliver the service readiness delivery strategy and plan for each new product, solution, and service for each phase of the development cycle.
- Grow the technical ability of the support team through contributions to training, documentation, and quality analysis programs.
- Drive collaboration and decisions with Splunk's Engineering teams to resolve the best approach to address the customer needs affected by a known defect.
- Participate in Product Planning representing Support and customer perspectives. (e.g. reviewing release content, feature and fix prioritization, training requirements, etc.)
- Responsible for representing the Support org during NPI/GTM (New Product Introduction/Go-to Market) and ensuring all support requirements are met for proficient support readiness at launch.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements.
- Work with appropriate team members (from TSE to Management) on upcoming changes and preparation plans.
- Develop a deep understanding of our Splunk product.
- Experience and understanding of Product Release Life-cycle (PLC) and New Feature Release (NFR).
- Needing a person with experience in organizational change and turning information and questions into pure action.
- Should have experience supporting or coordinating Splunk, or any similar tool or Business Intelligence would be a plus.
- SME level knowledge in one/more relevant cloud technology area (e.g., AI/ML, Security, Performance, Data Management, Data Analytics, etc.).
- Nice to have: Knowledge of, or experience working with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CD/CI) pipelines.
- Plus to have: Experience releasing to Cloud-based services as well as having experience with Splunk, other similar tool or Business Intelligence.
- When you encounter a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh off the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward and exercise a good judgement to drive ahead.
- Problem solving aptitude with strong intellectual curiosity.
- Strong communication as well as written skills needed with the ability to explain technical concepts to business observers, and to explain business process, concepts, challenges and issues to technical resources.
- Ability to bring harmonize multiple teams, with relationship building capabilities.
- Ability to have a growth mentality and influence across multiple roles and teams
- Ability to execute technical projects on a Global scale, across multiple teams and time zones.
- Strategic approach and ability to innovate using technology to advance business goals.
- Sound eye for business as related to the responsibilities of the role.
- Excellent time leadership skills and prioritize issues optimal.
- Passionate about technology and enabling others to succeed.
- Show the credibility in your work to be successful in our fast-paced technical work environment with little direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science. Open to equivalent work experience as it relates to this job.